Crew and Volunteer
Ready to pitch in to help make BC’s largest cycling fundraiser event a huge success this year? Get into The Ride as a volunteer and put your time, talent and expertise to work. Support your community in taking on the challenge to conquer cancer.
Whether you’re up for the full 40-hour weekend commitment as a Crew Volunteer or a 5-hour stint as a Casual Volunteer, it’s a truly rewarding experience. Don’t miss it!
CREW VOLUNTEER TEAMS
Joining the Crew is an amazing way to participate in The Ride event in a service capacity. You’ll work long hours and face challenges, but this exciting event is a life-changing experience you’ll never forget.
HOW TO HELP
Crew Volunteers sign up for the entire weekend event – a total of at least 40 hours.
You’ll help make the entire event run smoothly on the production side of BC’s largest cycling fundraiser. You could be tasked with anything from marking the route or manning the pit stops to setting up camp. And you’ll help keep Riders safe.
Plus, you’ll join the celebrations at Camp and the Finish Line.
Ready to join the Crew?
Please note: You must be at least 16 years old to join the Crew.
CASUAL VOLUNTEER TEAMS
Volunteers contribute their time, skills and creativity to bring The Ride to life. Volunteers help us to produce the powerful Opening Ceremonies, build our Camp and manage the busy Finish Line.
Joining a Volunteer team is an amazing way to participate in The Ride – a life-changing experience you’ll never forget.
HOW TO HELP
There are several opportunities to volunteer on your own or as a group:
Before The Event
- Office Volunteers: Gain administrative experience by helping in our event office.
During The Event
- Camp Volunteers: Meet us on Friday, Saturday or Sunday to help build the Main Campground for the overnight stay. We’ll set up and take down sleeping tents, tables, chairs, and more over the course of event weekend.
- Friday Event Volunteers: Join us the day before the event to help with opening ceremonies set-up, bike parking and more.
- Saturday Event Volunteers: Come out on Day 1 of event weekend to help with Rider check-in, water stations, tear-down and more.
- Finish Line Volunteers: Join us on Day 2 to help us welcome back all Riders, while unloading bags and bikes.
- Sunday Afternoon/Evening Volunteers: Join us on Day 2 downtown and help us welcome back all the riders, unload bags and bikes.
We look forward to working with you to find a good fit.
Call us at  771-BIKE  to find out more about volunteer teams in your area or Sign up to volunteer online. There is no registration fee to participate as a volunteer.