Ready to Ride? A fundraising minimum of $2,500* will get you to the starting line. It can be surprising how quickly donations add up once you commit and begin. Plus, we’re always here to help you get to your goal.
*Please note that the minimum fundraising amount goes up to $3,000 on April 4, 2020.
- Be sure mailed donations are postmarked by May 13, 2020 to be credited to your total fundraising amount before the event.
- Keep going with online fundraising until June 13, 2020.
- Last-minute donations can be hand-delivered on Day One, before Opening Ceremonies.
- Any offline donation must be accompanied by a completed donation form.
Visit the Resources section to get started.
Secure Your First Donation Today
Ask for your first donation today! Start with everyone you know; family, friends, colleagues – even your dry cleaner! With that all-important first donation, you’ll start the momentum. Keep going and see how easy it can be to reach that $2,500 goal – and more! You can do it.
- Make it personal. Add your story about why you’ve committed to The Ride and inspire your donors to support you.
- After a week, if they haven’t already given funds online, follow up with a phone call to each person you’ve emailed and ask for a donation.
- Make it easy to follow up and say thank you: Get pre-written emails from your Personal Page.
Fundraising Resources and Toolkit
Download our Logo
Download our Ride logo to use on your fundraising materials, flyers, posters and invitations. The logo is not for use on items you sell to fundraise.
There are several ways you can ask your company to support you! Talk to management about a donation from the company or about donation matching. Corporate teams are also a great way to increase your fundraising, all while encouraging camaraderie and adding to your company’s social responsibility.
Extend your fundraising reach by including The Ride email badge every time you click send! Personalized just for you, the email badge will display your fundraising goal and progress and link directly to your Personal Page where donations can be made. Login and download today!
Hometown Press Release
Share your story with the media to bolster your fundraising campaign and raise awareness about the cause in your community. By riding, you’re making a bold statement that your community will want to know about. Contact Leviana Coccia at email@example.com if your story makes the news!
Invite your community to attend your own fundraising event! Send it to your local newspaper’s community calendar section with your name and participant ID, so those who are unable to attend can still donate to you via your Personal Page. Contact Leviana Coccia at firstname.lastname@example.org if your story makes the news!
The Ride to Conquer Cancer Facebook application is an easy and quick way to start fundraising and sharing the exciting news with your network about your effort to conquer cancer in our lifetime.
Download Our App (IOS & Android)
Download your Ride mobile app and take fundraising with you everywhere you go. Send out fundraising messages to your email contacts and Facebook friends while keeping track of your donations all from the palm of your hand! You’ll also stay in the know with updates from our Facebook and Twitter feeds and push notifications of important reminders!
Your Participant Centre has all of the resources you need to jumpstart your fundraising! Send emails, find email templates, keep track of your donors and easily follow up with those who have supported you. Add your contacts from your address book, track your progress, and if you have a team, track their progress. Access your Personal Page and customize it with a photo and story about why you ride.
Click on the button below to download our recruiting flyer. Distribute this to grow you team or to encourage friends and family to join you for The 2018 Ride to Conquer Cancer!
Click on the button below to check out our handy fundraising tips. You can also download and print our customizable flyer to help you reach your fundraising goal.
Fundraising Resources and Toolkit
Come to your Participant Centre for resources to jumpstart your fundraising. Get templates, send emails, keep track of your donors and easily follow up with people who support you. Add contacts from your address book, track your progress and your team’s, if you’re on one. Customize your Personal Page with a photo and story about why you ride.
Extend your fundraising reach by including The Ride email badge every time you click send! Personalized for you, the email badge will display your fundraising goal and progress, and link directly to your Personal Page so your contacts can donate directly to your Ride. Log in and download yours today.
Get your company to support you. Talk to management about a donation from the company or about donation matching. Plus, corporate teams are a great way to increase your fundraising, encourage camaraderie and boost the company’s social responsibility profile.
Fundraise On Facebook
The Ride to Conquer Cancer Facebook app is a quick and easy way to start fundraising and share the exciting news about your Ride with your network.
Have you heard that Facebook now offers fundraising across Canada? Facebook Fundraisers are a great way to help you get your network in gear for your Ride.
Note: Facebook Fundraisers do not automatically link to your Ride fundraising account. Before you get started, here’s how to set up your Facebook Fundraiser so that it can be tracked and credited to your Ride fundraising.
How To Set Up Your Fundraiser
- Select Fundraisers on your Facebook navigation menu. This will be found on the left side of your browser for desktop devices and in the drop-down menu on Facebook mobile applications.
- From the Fundraisers screen, select the Raise Money button, you will be prompted to set-up your fundraiser. Please follow the next steps to ensure your fundraiser will be recognized by The Ride and properly credited to your Ride fundraising account.
- From the Who are you raising money for? menu, select Charity and search for The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
- Upon selecting The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, you will be prompted to enter a dollar amount and end date for your fundraiser.
- On the next menu screen, update the title of your fundraiser to include your first and last name, Ride participant ID number and Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer®. This is the only way The Ride will be able to identify your fundraiser and your Ride information with your Facebook Fundraiser.
- Once you have completed this entry, continue to create your fundraiser on the next menu screen.
Keep In Mind:
- Funds raised through Facebook Fundraising will take up to 60 days to be credited to your Ride fundraising account.
- Funds raised through Facebook Fundraisers cannot be used for time-sensitive fundraising challenges.
- To guarantee that funds raised will be allocated towards your event fundraising account be sure to follow each step above and include all relevant information as outlined.
Do you want to make an epic impact and raise awareness for your Ride? Let your local media know why you are participating in The 2020 Ride. Share your story or your fundraising event – it’s simple!
- We all Ride for a reason. What is yours? Check out our ‘How-To-Guides’ for tips on how to contact your local media publications.
- Have a fundraising or recruiting event coming up? Get the word out! Download and complete the Media Invitation below to send to your media contacts.
Ready for a helping hand?
That’s why we’re here. Tell us more:
If you require additional support, contact us at: email@example.com
Download Our App (IOS & Android)
Take The Ride with you everywhere you go! Get the app:
- Send fundraising messages to email contacts and Facebook friends
- Keep track of your donations
- Stay updated on our Facebook and Twitter feeds and be on top of important reminders
Encourage your friends and family to join you on the 2020 Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer® Get our recruiting flyer here and share it with everyone.
Check out our handy fundraising tips in this customizable fundraising flyer to help you reach your goal.
Download our Logo
Add The Ride logo to your fundraising materials, flyers, posters and invitations.
Note: Please do not use the logo on items you sell for fundraising. Thank you.