Campaigns And Challenges
Team Up To Win Your Spot In A VIP Tent
The Team Up Challenge is an incredible opportunity for our Ridership to amplify their impact through teamwork and win great prizes for it!
The more Riders you recruit to join you, the larger the impact you make in the fight against cancer.
TWO WAYS TO WIN
Only five VIP hospitality tent spots are up for grabs at The 2019 Ride! In the tent, your team will enjoy Camp in the lap of luxury with live music, delicious food, drinks without the lineup, and many more perks.
Want one of those coveted spots? You have two ways to get your team into the tent.
- If your team is one of the top three teams to recruit the most, new teammates during Team Up Challenge, you will win a spot in the VIP hospitality tent at The 2019 Ride.
- Teams that recruit five or more new Riders to join their team will be entered into a draw for two additional spots in the tent – and get a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team. Each additional five new Riders gets you another entry to the draw.
HOW TEAM UP CHALLENGE WORKS:
- Teams that add five or more Riders between October 1 and November 9 will have a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to them.
- Any team that earns a kilometre will also be entered into a draw to win one of two team spots for The Ride’s VIP hospitality tent on event.
- For every five new Riders that a team adds, it will receive one entry into the draw. For example, should a team add 15 new Riders between October 1 and November 9, it will receive three entries into the draw to win one of the two additional team spots in the VIP hospitality tent.
- The top three teams to add the most Riders between October 1 and November 9 through filling spots and/or recruiting will automatically win.
CURRENT STANDINGS FOR THE TOP TEAMS
You still have time to reach the top!
The Team Up Challenge ends November 9, at 11:59 p.m.!
Attention all past Riders!
It’s September and kids are heading back to school, and that means it’s time for you to come Back To The Ride!
Register now for only $25 with promo code WELCOMEBACK19and you’ll receive this limited-edition Ride tee.
Plus, if you make a self-donation when you sign up, you’ll also receive a 2019 branded Ride wristband.
Not only will you kick-start your fundraising by donating to yourself and get a badge on your Personal Page, but you’ll also show your commitment to conquering cancer and inspire others to follow your example with more donations.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE ULTIMATE CAMP HAPPY HOUR
The following teams won the Ultimate Camp Happy Hour and will be enjoying the delicious food—and a few surprises!
Les Bécanes de l’espoir
THE ULTIMATE CAMP HAPPY HOUR COULD BE YOURS!
We have BIG news! Starting Tuesday, July 17 through to August 17, you have the chance to win one of five team spots for our Ultimate Camp Happy Hour tent at Camp in Trois-Rivières next year. From drinks to delicious bites—and a few surprises!—this is a Ride experience you don’t want to miss.
How to win?
- Get at least 50% of your 2018 team to register for The 2019 Ride by August 17 and be automatically entered to win!
- Only 2018 teams of five or more members are eligible to participate.
- Corporate spots can count towards the challenge, but they must be filled with a Rider’s name by August 17 in order to be qualified.
Not registered for The 2019 Ride yet?
Get yourself signed up now for The 2019 Ride by using the promo code RIDE19 and receive $50 off the registration price.
PLUS, if you register 75% of your 2018 team for the 2019 Ride, you’ll receive TWO entries into the contest to win the Ultimate Camp Happy Hour.
TAKE THE PLEDGE AND SHOW YOUR EPIC IMPACT!
The 2018 Epic Impact Challenge is here!
For two weeks—Monday, April 16, through Friday, April 27—we’re asking every Rider to boost their fundraising tally with one donation—or more!
Whether it’s for your first donation, final donation or somewhere in between, now is the perfect time to take the pledge with the rest of our Ridership, set an Epic Impact Challenge goal for yourself and use these next two weeks to reach it.
To make your Epic Impact, take advantage of our comprehensive fundraising plans, which we’ll send out at the start of both Epic Impact Challenge weeks. Each plan will have easily achievable tips to put into action and see your donation dollars soar.
Not registered for The Ride?
Only by coming together can we make an Epic Impact to further the Jewish General Hospital’s goal of conquering cancer, so show the collective power of our Ridership by joining the Epic Impact Challenge today!
WANT TO WIN BLUE JAYS TICKETS?
THEN TAKE ON OUR 72-HOUR FLASH CHALLENGE!
The Toronto Blue Jays are coming to town next week, and The Ride wants to give you the chance to see them!
How? Through our 72-hour flash challenge! From March 19 until 11:59 p.m. on March 21, we’re issuing a flash challenge to all Riders!
Here’s what you need to do:
Raise $250 in total donations
over the next 72 hours.
Receive 10 donations from 10 different donors
over the next 72 hours.
Complete JUST ONE of the flash challenge actions to have your name entered into a draw for two tickets to watch the Blue Jays play the St. Louis Cardinals at Olympic Stadium on Tuesday, March 27. Should you be the lucky winner, you’ll also receive our 10th anniversary water bottle, cycling hat and arm warmers!
This week, get a head start on reaching your fundraising goal and put yourself into the running for Blue Jays tickets with some great Ride swag. Take on the 72-hour flash challenge now and make those donation asks today!
Congratulations to our lucky 72-hour Flash Challenge winner Denise Parsons and thank you to all those who participated.
GET IN GEAR!
When we double our Riders, we double our impact. That’s why we want you to recruit a Rider or register as one for this year’s Gear Up Challenge, which will run from Sunday, February 4—World Cancer Day—through Friday, March 16!
The Ride’s Gear Up Challenge is your opportunity to be part of the annual global event of World Cancer Day, which reminds each of us that cancer is no match against our conviction to conquer it.
Plus, earn awesome 10-year anniversary Ride swag to complete your look for event weekend! With every Rider you recruit between February 4 and March 16, you get one person closer to receiving all of our great Gear Up Challenge rewards:
And new for 2018, you will also receive a $50 Refer & Raise fundraising credit for each new participant you recruit!* To earn your Gear Up rewards and the Refer & Raise credit, have your referred Rider sign up using your custom referral link in your Participant Centre or have them enter your name or participant number when they are prompted to fill the referral area during registration.
If you have yet to join The 2018 Ride, now is the time to do it! Register between February 4 and March 16 to receive these great perks:
- A $50 registration discount using the promo code GEARUP18
- The chance to win our Gear Up Challenge rewards—water bottle, cycling hat and arm warmers—with each new Rider you recruit
- The opportunity to kick-start your fundraising with a $50 Refer & Raise credit for each new participant you recruit
Whether you are already a Rider or thinking of becoming one, YOU can further our goal of conquering cancer this World Cancer Day. Recruit that new Rider or become part of our epic Ridership for the 2018 Gear Up Challenge!
* The maximum fundraising credit to be earned by each Rider is capped at $500 or 10 referrals. You may receive the credit only for referring new Riders. A new Rider is anyone who is not currently registered and did not register for the 2017 event. Your account will be credited within 1 to 10 business days. All Gear Up Challenge items can be picked up during local orientations, at the local office, during packet pickup prior to the event or on event. No Gear Up rewards will be mailed out.
The holidays are finally here! And we want to celebrate with our epic Ridership what it means to Be The Ride during this most wonderful time of the year.
Tuesday, November 28, is #GivingTuesdayCA, as well as the kickoff day of The Ride’s ‘Tis The Season contest! This festive competition is a chance for Riders to boost both their fundraising tallies and invite other to join them on the Ride through fun donation and referral challenges, and here’s how can you get in on all this holiday cheer…
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Over the next few weeks, we are issuing out a challenge to all Riders to complete four tasks, and with each task you fulfill, a mystery holiday badge will be unlocked on your Personal Page. Carry out all four Ride challenges—in any order—between now and Wednesday, December 20, at 11:59 p.m., and you will successfully complete ‘Tis The Season!
For your hard work, holiday rewards will be had! Each completed task will also give you one entry into our holiday giveaway. Should you be the lucky winner, you will receive a $250 gift certificate courtesy of Cycle Néron Montreal.
‘TIS THE SEASON TASKS
- Raise $250. The Ride is just seven short months away! While you may have all things holidays on your mind right now, it’s also the perfect time to kick-start your event fundraising. How to easily raise that amount? Just ask your friends or family members to donate to your Ride in lieu of a holiday gift. Come New Year, you could already be well on your way to achieving or surpassing your goal!
- Update your Personal Page. Sharing why you joined our Ridership is a way to invest others in your quest to conquer cancer and increase your fundraising tally. During the holidays, you can also use your Personal Page to thank the people in your life for the donations they’ve given. Already have a customized Personal Page? Just upload a holiday-themed picture to fulfill this task!
- Make a self-donation. Who said that holiday gifts have to come from other people? By self-donating to your Ride, you will show to everyone you know just how committed you are to our cause and incentivize them to follow your lead. Plus, a donation to yourself is really the gift that keeps on giving, as every little bit supports research and treatment at the Jewish General Hospital.
- Refer a friend. The holidays often mean time spent with loved ones, but what about the rest of the year? The Ride offers the perfect chance to ask that co-worker, cousin, childhood friend or other favourite person to be at your side this July. Not only will you have opportunities for bonding time as you train, but also you’ll be making amazing memories together during event weekend!
‘Tis The Season is a challenge to both enjoy the holidays and get us closer to our goal to conquer cancer, so join us this December… Be Merry. Be Generous. Be The Ride!
The Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer® benefiting the Segal Cancer Centre at the Jewish General Hospital is thrilled to announce the Team Up Challenge, which will run from Wednesday, October 4, through Friday, November 10!
WHAT IS THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
The Team Up Challenge is an incredible opportunity for our Ridership to amplify their impact to conquer cancer through teamwork and win great prizes for it!
Here’s how it works:
- Teams that add five or more Riders between Wednesday, October 4, and Friday, November 10, will have a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to them.
- The top three Corporate Teams to add the most Riders between Wednesday, October 4, and Friday, November 10, through spot fulfillment and/or recruitment will automatically win access to The Ride’s VIP hospitality tent on event.
- The top three Community Teams to add the most Riders between Wednesday, October 4, and Friday, November 10, through spot fulfillment and/or recruitment will automatically win access to The Ride’s VIP hospitality tent on event.
HOW CAN YOUR TEAM WIN THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
- Be one of the top three Corporate Teams to add the most Riders by spot fulfillment and/or recruitment and win automatic access to the VIP tent.
- Be one of the top three Community Teams to add the most Riders by spot fulfillment and/or recruitment and win automatic access to the VIP tent.
- Be a team that adds five or more Riders to receive a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES FOR WINNING THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
The three Corporate Teams and three Community Teams that add the most newly registered Riders—individuals who register from October 4 through November 10—receive:
- A dedicated tenting area in Tent City.
- Official welcome signage recognizing your team at the entrance to your dedicated tenting area.
- Team access to the Team Up Challenge VIP hospitality tent, including lounge, professional massage, private washroom, private bartender and snack privileges.
- BONUS: A kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team with official signage when you add five or more registered Riders.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A TEAM?
- A built-in support system as you embark on the journey that is THE RIDE!
- The power of training partners! Teams often organize training rides. Training partners can also provide training motivation and encouragement.
- Fundraising support! Teams frequently coordinate and host fundraising events. Training partners can offer fundraising tips, too.
- The opportunity to discover and strengthen lifelong friendships!
- Strength in numbers! More Riders mean more dollars raised for the Jewish General Hospital.
And don’t forget that if your team has pre-purchased spots, filling them between October 4 and November 10 counts towards the Team Up Challenge. Have questions or want more information? Call a Ride Guide today at 1-866-996-8356.
Team Up Challenge Winners
Congratulation to our top four Corporate Teams, Aldo, Rogers, Banque Scotia, and Pharmascience, and top three Community Teams, Team Cerulean, Ememm, and Immune Force One for securing their spot in the 2018 Team Up Challenge Lounge!
And a big shout-out to all of the teams that have earned a dedicated kilometre of The Ride! Keep an eye out for those personalized markers on event next July.
General Community Corporate
Rally for the decade by starting your 2018 team now!
Starting Monday July 17 through Sunday, July 30, when you re-register your team or start a new one for The 10th Anniversary Ride, you’ll gain access for yourself and your entire 2018 team to our exclusive Fireside Lounge at next year’s event.
A decade in the making, The 2018 Ride will be an epic celebration you won’t want to miss! And what better way to enjoy how far we’ve come in the fight to conquer cancer than by toasting with your teammates at our Fireside Lounge?
BONUS: Sign up today with code RIDE18 to receive a special $25 registration rate and a free 10th Anniversary Ride commemorative tee while supplies last!