CAMPAIGNS AND CHALLENGES
Want to take your Ride further? The Ride to Conquer Cancer offers several opportunities for Riders to make an even greater impact in the fight against cancer by growing our community, increasing our fundraising numbers and spreading the word about this epic event! Learn how you can boost your contribution to The Ride through one or more of the following campaigns.
Please Select From an Option Below:
GEAR UP CHALLENGE
Gear Up Challenge is back!
It’s the perfect opportunity to double our Riders, double our impact, and get rewarded. Recruit one or more Riders between March 5 and April 11 and snag some great swag* to complete your Ride look.
Share your personal referral link found in your Participant Centre with your new recruits and they’ll receive a $50 registration discount and you’ll receive a $50 fundraising credit through our Refer & Raise program**!
Plus, for each new Rider you recruit you’ll receive one entry into our GRAND PRIZE draw: a Garmin Training Package which includes a Garmin Edge GPS bike computer, a Vivoactive 3 GPS smartwatch and a Varia UT800 smart headlight graciously donated by Garmin Canada. The more Riders you recruit, the better your chances are to win!
But that’s not all! Recruit at least one new Rider and you’ll receive an online badge for your Personal Page and a physical badge to wear on event.
HERE’S WHAT’S UP FOR GRABS
- Recruit 1 Rider = Ride Socks + Gear Up Badge + $50 Fundraising Credit + 1 Entry For The Garmin Canada GRAND PRIZE
- Recruit 2 Riders = Ride Socks + Ride Hat + Gear Up Badge + $100 Fundraising Credit + 2 Entries For The Garmin Canada GRAND PRIZE
- Recruit 3 or More Riders = All Of The Above + $50 Fundraising Credit For Every New Rider + 3 Or More Entries For The Garmin Canada GRAND PRIZE
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Share Your Personal Referral Link. Make sure that your referrals use your personal link when signing up. You can access and share your personal referral link in your Participant Centre – look for Refer & Raise on your homepage.
- New Riders Can Gear Up Too. New Riders who register during the Gear Up Challenge also receive an entry for the GRAND PRIZE draw.
NOT YET REGISTERED? JOIN THE RIDE & WIN!
Haven’t yet signed up for The Ride? Now’s your chance to register for only $25 with the promo code GEARUP19 and be entered to win the Garmin Canada GRAND PRIZE.
*All Gear Up Challenge items can be picked up during packet pickup prior to the event or on event. No Gear Up rewards will be mailed out.
**The maximum fundraising credit to be earned by each Rider is capped at $500 or 10 referrals. You may receive the credit only for referring new Riders. A new Rider is anyone who is not currently registered and did not register for the 2018 event. Your account will be credited within 1 to 10 business days.
WORLD CANCER DAY
Make An Epic Impact For World Cancer Day
Approximately 206,200 Canadians are diagnosed with cancer each year. We want to change that statistic.
That’s why we’re challenging every Rider to raise $206 before World Cancer Day on February 4 in support of each of those 206,200 individuals who will be diagnosed with cancer this year.
Share this infographic on social and tag #CanadaConquersCancer.
Don’t forget to follow us!
How It Works
Take on the challenge to raise $206 between January 21 and February 4 and let’s make an epic impact together. Every action makes a difference when we unite as a community of Riders in this crucial fight against cancer.
What’s At Stake?
By rising to the challenge, you will show your support for each and every Canadian affected by cancer and will also receive a World Cancer Day badge on your personal page and a physical badge to wear proudly on event.
How To Raise $206 For The World Cancer Day Challenge:
Here are a few ways you can kickstart your fundraising for World Cancer Day:
- Share the infographic above on social. Tag #CanadaConquersCancer and ask your friends and family to support your Ride.
- Send our World Cancer Day templated email from your Participant Centre to your contacts. Simply log in, visit the email tab and send!
- Update your personal page in your Participant Centre and share your “Why I Ride” story with your friends and family.
Not Registered Yet?
This is your chance make an epic impact for World Cancer Day. Join The Ride for only $19 when you use the promo code WCD19.
The bigger our Ridership, the more we raise for cancer research and treatment.
Thank you to everyone who came out to support of The Ride’s first ever World Cancer Day 200 kilometre Spin Challenge at the Cross Cancer Institute and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. You have made an EPIC impact in the fight against cancer.
Check out the pictures from the event below and share your favourites on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #TheRideAB.
Todd is taking The Ride to both sides of the Rocky Mountains for The 2019 Ride to Conquer Cancer – he knows first-hand that cancer doesn’t have geographic boundaries. He’s had loved ones who have been affected by cancer in British Columbia and Alberta so for Todd, that is more than enough of a reason to continue pedalling to raise funds and change the future for all Canadians affected by cancer.
In 2016, Todd made the decision to sign up for the Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer® in honour of his wife, Linnea, who passed away only a few weeks after he completed his first Ride as the captain of Linnea’s Legion. He found comfort riding with others who shared his goal to conquer cancer.
“The thing about the Alberta Ride is you can just feel the love and support in that group of people. I will always remember my first Ride and the time when I was asked to share my story at the opening ceremonies. It was such a heartbreaking moment and I didn’t know if I was going to breakdown, but I looked up to the crowd and I saw a sea of supporting people who understood. That gave me the strength to carry-on and that’s what the Alberta Ride is, a community of support, formed by an incredible group of human beings committed to the same cause” – said Todd Kemper of his experience.
GIVING TUESDAY CHALLENGE
What is Giving Tuesday?
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it’s #GivingTuesday —the first day of the giving season! On Tuesday, November 27, charities, companies and millions of individuals around the world will be giving back to the cause that matters most to them.
Giving Tuesday Challenge
In honour of this global day of giving, we want YOU to take on the Giving Tuesday Challenge by raising $100 before November 27. This is our chance to make an epic impact as a community for Alberta Cancer Foundation
Will you accept our challenge?
Self-donate today or ask your friends, family and coworkers to support your 2019 Ride and let them know that you’re taking on The Ride’s Giving Tuesday Challenge.
Fulled by the power of collaboration, we can together make an incredible difference for Alberta Cancer Foundation.
Need help getting started?
Log in to your Participant Centre today and use our email or social media tools to help you raise $100 before November 27.
See what people are saying about #GivingTuesday on social media!
Congratulation to our Team Up Challenge winners Tom Baker Cancer Conquerors, Team NOV, WBN, Team Graham Construction and Team Believe for securing their spot in the 2019 Team Up Challenge VIP Tent!
And a big shout-out to all of the teams that have earned a dedicated kilometre of The Ride! Keep an eye out for those personalized markers on event next August.
Team Up To Win Your Spot In A VIP Tent
The Team Up Challenge is an incredible opportunity for our Ridership to amplify their impact through teamwork and win great prizes for it!
The more Riders you recruit to join you the larger the impact you make in the fight against cancer.
GROW YOUR TEAM TODAY!
Call or message everyone you know today from your Participant Centre and ask them to ride with your team in 2019! And don’t forget about our Referral Program. Your custom referral link gives each new teammate a $50 registration discount and you get a $50 fundraising credit.
TWO WAYS TO WIN
Only five VIP hospitality tent spots are up for grabs at The 2019 Ride! In the tent, your team will enjoy Camp in the lap of luxury with live music, delicious food, drinks without the lineup, and many more perks.
Want one of those coveted spots? You have two ways to get your team into the tent.
- If your team is one of the top three teams to recruit the most, new teammates during Team Up Challenge, you will win a spot in the VIP hospitality tent at The 2019 Ride.
- Teams that recruit five or more new Riders to join their team will be entered into a draw for two additional spots in the tent – and get a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team. Each additional five new Riders gets you another entry to the draw.
HOW TEAM UP CHALLENGE WORKS:
- Teams that add five or more Riders between October 1 and November 9 will have a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to them.
- Any team that earns a kilometre will also be entered into a draw to win one of two team spots for The Ride’s VIP hospitality tent on event.
- For every five new Riders that a team adds, it will receive one entry into the draw. For example, should a team add 15 new Riders between October 1 and November 9, it will receive three entries into the draw to win one of the two additional team spots in the VIP hospitality tent.
- The top three teams to add the most Riders between October 1 and November 9 through filling spots and/or recruiting will automatically win.
CURRENT STANDINGS FOR THE TOP TEAMS
The Team Up Challenge ended November 9, at 11:59 p.m.
When I was 30 years-old I had one of the most devastating moments of my life. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer and it was a shocking moment for me and my family. At the time, I never thought I would experience such heartbreak ever again, but I was wrong. In late November 2017, my dad was diagnosed and earlier this year he lost his battle to bladder cancer. That is why this past Ride was so important to me, as it was dedicated to my dad whose photo I wore on my back.
My team, Team Nov was well aware of the situation and their support at a difficult time in life is what makes our team a family. The day of the Ride I always get my team together in a circle and we all reveal why we Ride. It is an unique moment that we all share with one another. For some, it is their first time participating or meeting, but we come together as a team because we all have the same goal; to give back and honour those who are no longer with us.
When asked what makes Riding in a team so special, it is without a doubt the camaraderie and the connection you get with other people who share the same motivation as you do. Starting a team is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. It is priceless to see how we can all contribute to an important cause while enriching our lives with a healthy activity and inspiring challenges.
I invite you to join me in making a difference, see you at the Ride 2019!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE ULTIMATE CAMP HAPPY HOUR
The following teams won the Ultimate Camp Happy Hour and will be enjoying the delicious food—and a few surprises!
Gibbs Gage Architects
Randy’s Rebels (Creakers)
THE ULTIMATE CAMP HAPPY HOUR COULD BE YOURS!
We have BIG news! Starting Monday, August 27, through Sunday, September 9, you have the chance to win one of five team spots for our Ultimate Camp Happy Hour tent at Camp during next year’s Ride. From drinks to delicious bites—and a few surprises!—this is a Ride experience you don’t want to miss.
Due to popular demand, we’re extending the contest to September 16. That means you have 5 more days to win big!
How to win?
- Get at least 50% of your 2018 team to register for The 2019 Ride by September 16 and be automatically entered to win!
- Only 2018 teams of five or more members are eligible to participate.
- Corporate spots can count towards the challenge, but they must be filled with a Rider’s name by September 16 in order to be qualified.
But that’s not all! When you come back to The Ride, you’ll automatically be entered to win the Ultimate Wine Country Private Jet Experience Presented by AirSprint as we’ve extended this promotion until September 21*! We will be drawing this incredible prize on September 22, and the lucky winner and three travel companions will get flown to Kelowna in ultimate comfort by luxury private jet courtesy of AirSprint.
Not registered for The 2019 Ride yet?
Get yourself signed up now for The 2019 Ride with promo code RIDE19 and receive $50 off the registration price.
PLUS, if you register 75% of your 2018 team for the 2019 Ride, you’ll receive TWO entries into the contest to win the Ultimate Camp Happy Hour.
*Registration promotions are only available for 2018 participants who register as a Rider for The 2019 Ride to Conquer Cancer between July 4 and September 21. Booking dates are subject to accommodation and aircraft availability. Prize package does not include food or ground transportation. Peak dates such as, but not limited to, all Canadian and U.S. statutory holidays/long weekends are not available. The individual booking the flight must be over the age of majority in their province. Prize is valid for travel until December 31, 2019. No cash value. Prize is non-transferable nor redeemable for cash. Estimated retail value: $20,000.
Please Select From an Option Below:
If you didn’t have the chance to get an Epic Ride, Epic Match fundraising gift, we still have a great flash challenge coming your way!
Between Monday, May 28, and Friday, June 15, the top 25 Riders who fundraise the most donation dollars AND the top 25 Riders who receive the most individual donations will all be entered to win two West Jet tickets to anywhere West Jet flies in North America, courtesy of Valard.
That’s an incredible one in 50 chance to win, so start making those asks now!
Plus, don’t forget about this week’s FLASH CHALLENGE:
Raise a minimum of $250 this week and be entered to win some incredible prizes, like a Smart Halo, a one-month free membership for two at My Yoga or X!* Use this tip from your Ride Guides Andrea and Christine to get started!
TIP: Making a self-donation before sending out your link will give donors an idea of how much to donate.
EPIC RIDE, EPIC IMPACT
Courtesy of our Title Partner, Enbridge, The Ride has been gifted $50,000 to help you reach your fundraising minimum! This week, when you raise between $100 and $500, you will receive a matching fundraising gift from us!*
But just like all things epic, this won’t last long. Once the $50,000 is gone, so is your chance to boost your fundraising tally. Need help getting started? Check out our fundraising toolkit or call one of our Ride Guides at 888-624-2453 [BIKE].
The Alberta Cancer Foundation has committed to raising $10 million over the next five years to bring innovation to Albertans faster and thanks to your support, they get closer to their goal every day. Only by coming together can we reach that objective and make a difference not only in Alberta, but to the world around us.
*All Epic Ride, Epic Match credits will be made into Rider fundraising accounts within one to 10 business days of their deposited donations with a fundraising gift that matches the deposited donations. Minimum donation to be eligible for Epic Ride, Epic Match is $100. Maximum donation that will be matched through Epic Ride, Epic Match is $500.The Epic Ride, Epic Match is only available to Riders who have not yet met their $2,500 fundraising minimum.
TAKE THE PLEDGE AND SHOW YOUR EPIC IMPACT!
The 2018 Epic Impact Challenge is here!
For two weeks—Monday, April 16, through Friday, April 27—we’re asking every Rider to boost their fundraising tally with one donation—or more!
Whether it’s for your first donation, final donation or somewhere in between, now is the perfect time to take the pledge with the rest of our Ridership, set an Epic Impact Challenge goal for yourself and use these next two weeks to reach it.
To make your Epic Impact, take advantage of our comprehensive fundraising plans, which we’ll send out at the start of both Epic Impact Challenge weeks. Each plan will have easily achievable tips to put into action and see your donation dollars soar.
Not registered for The Ride?
Sign up with promo EPIC18 during the Epic Impact Challenge, and you’ll receive a $50 registration discount. Choose to ride with us for our 10thanniversary on August 18 and 19 or become a Virtual Rider!
Only by coming together can we make an Epic Impact to further the Alberta Cancer Foundation’s goal of conquering cancer, so show the collective power of our Ridership by joining the Epic Impact Challenge today!
GET IN GEAR!
When we double our Riders, we double our impact. That’s why we want you to recruit a Rider or register as one for this year’s Gear Up Challenge, which will run from Sunday, February 4—World Cancer Day—through Friday, March 16!
The Ride’s Gear Up Challenge is your opportunity to be part of the annual global event of World Cancer Day, which reminds each of us that cancer is no match against our conviction to conquer it.
Plus, earn awesome 10-year anniversary Ride swag to complete your look for event weekend! With every Rider you recruit between February 4 and March 16, you get one person closer to receiving all of our great Gear Up Challenge rewards:
And new for 2018, you will also receive a $50 Refer & Raise fundraising credit for each new participant you recruit!* To earn your Gear Up rewards and the Refer & Raise credit, have your referred Rider sign up using your custom referral link in your Participant Centre or have them enter your name or participant number when they are prompted to fill the referral area during registration.
If you have yet to join The 2018 Ride, now is the time to do it! Register between February 4 and March 16 to receive these great perks:
- A $50 registration discount using the promo code GEARUP18
- The chance to win our Gear Up Challenge rewards—water bottle, cycling hat and arm warmers—with each new Rider you recruit
- The opportunity to kick-start your fundraising with a $50 Refer & Raise credit for each new participant you recruit
Whether you are already a Rider or thinking of becoming one, YOU can further our goal of conquering cancer this World Cancer Day. Recruit that new Rider or become part of our epic Ridership for the 2018 Gear Up Challenge!
* The maximum fundraising credit to be earned by each Rider is capped at $500 or 10 referrals. You may receive the credit only for referring new Riders. A new Rider is anyone who is not currently registered and did not register for the 2017 event. Your account will be credited within 1 to 10 business days. All Gear Up Challenge items can be picked up during local orientations, at the local office, during packet pickup prior to the event or on event. No Gear Up rewards will be mailed out.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Over the next few weeks, we are issuing out a challenge to all Riders to complete four tasks, and with each task you fulfill, a mystery holiday badge will be unlocked on your Personal Page. Carry out all four Ride challenges—in any order—between now and Wednesday, December 20, at 11:59 p.m., and you will successfully complete ‘Tis The Season!
For your hard work, holiday rewards will be had! Each completed task will also give you one entry into our holiday basket giveaway. Should you be the lucky winner of ‘Tis The Season, you will receive a fantastic gift basket that includes a SmartHalo, Schanks Sports Grill gift certificate and four premium bottles of wine, courtesy of Mr. Tom Hewitt.
‘TIS THE SEASON TASKS
- Raise $250. The Ride is just eight short months away! While you may have all things holidays on your mind right now, it’s also the perfect time to kick-start your event fundraising. How to easily raise that amount? Just ask your friends or family members to donate to your Ride in lieu of a holiday gift. Come New Year, you could already be well on your way to achieving or surpassing your goal!
- Update your Personal Page. Sharing why you joined our Ridership is a way to invest others in your quest to conquer cancer and increase your fundraising tally. During the holidays, you can also use your Personal Page to thank the people in your life for the donations they’ve given. Already have a customized Personal Page? Just upload a holiday-themed picture to fulfill this task!
- Make a self-donation. Who said that holiday gifts have to come from other people? By self-donating to your Ride, you will show to everyone you know just how committed you are to our cause and incentivize them to follow your lead. Plus, a donation to yourself is really the gift that keeps on giving, as every little bit furthers research and treatment supported by the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
- Refer a friend. The holidays often mean time spent with loved ones, but what about the rest of the year? The Ride offers the perfect chance to ask that co-worker, cousin, childhood friend or other favourite person to be at your side this August. Not only will you have opportunities for bonding time as you train, but also you’ll be making amazing memories together during event weekend!
‘Tis The Season is a challenge to both enjoy the holidays and get us closer to our goal to conquer cancer, so join us this December… Be Merry. Be Generous. Be The Ride!
The Enbridge® Ride to Conquer Cancer® benefiting the Alberta Cancer Foundation Presented by Evraz is thrilled to announce the Team Up Challenge, which will run from Monday, October 2, through Friday, November 10!
WHAT IS THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
The Team Up Challenge is an incredible opportunity for our Ridership to amplify their impact to conquer cancer through teamwork and win great prizes for it!
Here’s how it works:
- Teams that add five or more Riders between Monday, October 2, and Friday, November 10, will have a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to them.
- The top five teams to add the most Riders between Monday, October 2, and Friday, November 10, through spot fulfillment and/or recruitment will automatically win access to The Ride’s VIP hospitality tent on event.
HOW CAN YOUR TEAM WIN THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
- Be one of the top five teams to add the most Riders by spot fulfillment and/or recruitment and win automatic access to the VIP tent.
- Be a team that adds five or more Riders to receive a kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES FOR WINNING THE TEAM UP CHALLENGE?
The five teams that add the most newly registered Riders—individuals who register from October 2 through November 10—receive:
- A dedicated tenting area in Tent City.
- Official welcome signage recognizing your team at the entrance to your dedicated tenting area.
- Team access to the Team Up Challenge VIP hospitality tent, including lounge, professional massage, private washroom, private bartender and snack privileges.
BONUS: A kilometre of The Ride dedicated to your team with official signage when you add five or more registered Riders.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A TEAM?
- A built-in support system as you embark on the journey that is THE RIDE!
- The power of training partners! Teams often organize training rides. Training partners can also provide training motivation and encouragement.
- Fundraising support! Teams frequently coordinate and host fundraising events. Training partners can offer fundraising tips, too.
- The opportunity to discover and strengthen lifelong friendships!
- Strength in numbers! More Riders mean more dollars raised for the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
And don’t forget that if your team has pre-purchased spots, filling them between October 2 and November 10 counts towards the Team Up Challenge. Have questions or want more information? Call a Ride Guide today at  624-2453.
Team Up Challenge Winners
Congratulation to our Team Up Challenge winners Valard Group of CompaniesTom Baker Cancer Conquers, Team NOV, WBN and Team KPMG- Ridin and Survivin for securing their spot in the 2018 Team Up Challenge Lounge!
And a big shout-out to all of the teams that have earned a dedicated kilometre of The Ride! Keep an eye out for those personalized markers on event next August.